Caught in a hailstorm!  

Posted by lynda

Yesterday, I heard loud thunder just before I was leaving work, but when I went outside there was no rain. I made it to the bus stop, and then the skies opened. The rain came down so hard I felt like I was being pelted with a fire hose! Luckily I had a hood on my jacket, but no umbrella of course. And then it started to hail. I was wearing sandals and it felt like I was being stung over and over by bees or pelted with little rocks. It hurt! I was so drenched when the bus finally came that I was making little puddles all over. When I got downtown I saw that there had been no rain there...so I really looked like a drowned rat. I'm sure people were wondering where I had been! My clothes were soaked and so was I. First thing I did when Igot home was hop into a nice hot shower, but I still didn't dry out for hours.
So today I brought an umbrella. Of course, the sun is shining...no hint of rain!

This entry was posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 at 4:32 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment