The day after turkey day  

Posted by lynda



Well, once again I have been very negligent about posting here. So I guess it is catch-up time.
The weather has turned very rainy and cold, which makes for dreary days around here. I thinkwe will be putting our Christmas tree up early this year to cheer things up!

Jeff got me the best early birthday gift...it's a standing daylight lamp with magnifier, chart holder and accessory tray and I have been making such good use of it! You have to understand that before this I would stitch all crunched up on the couch, with not very good light, surrounded by threads, patterns, etc, and wearing huge mag-eyes so that I could see properly. Not a very pretty sight! And not very erlaxing either. Well, this lamp has made all the difference (although I still try to push the mag-eyes up, even thought they are no longer there!) Now I can just sit down and stitch and it is so much more pleasurable!

I am taking a long weeekend off for the holiday, so I spent all day Wednesday in my chair, in front of the fireplace stitching away. I finished Lizzie Kate's Christmas Blessings. I stitched them all on one piece of fabric (a Silkweaver piece called Precious Metals). The fabric was a little hard to stitch on, with all the sparklies it was sometimes hard to find my place and count properly), but the finished piece is very pretty with all the bright Christmas colors. I still have to stitch the charms on and then am planning on making a wall hanging.

For Thanksgiving, we went out to dinner with our daughter. The restaurant is one we go to every year, but I think they have new management, and it wsn't as good as before. Oh well...it was still nice to be together. The rest of the day was spent watching football and stitching. I was working on a piece by Sisters and Best Friends alled "Christmas Wishes". I've had this one for uite some time but haven't got around to stitching it before now. It's fun to work on though. Here's my progress so far:

This entry was posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 10:28 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment